About: Juliet Greenwood
- Juliet is the author of 'Eden's Garden', published by Honno Press. 'Eden's Garden' was chosen by the Welsh Books Council as Welsh Book of the Month for May 2012. ‘Eden’s Garden’ follows the intertwined stories of the Meredith family of Plas Eden, a dilapidated mansion with a collection of mysterious statues in its overgrown garden, and the servants who once served there. If you love ‘Downton Abbey’ and the novels of Kate Morton, this is the book for you! Two women struggle with love, family duty, long-buried secrets and their own creative ambitions. But more than a hundred years ago Ann left a trail through London, Cornwall and Wales that leads Carys on a tantalising and increasingly shocking search for the truth…. ‘It’s a great romantic read and also a very atmospheric, ingenious mystery.’ Writing Magazine Juliet lives in a traditional Welsh cottage halfway between the romantic Isle of Anglesey and the beautiful mountains and ruined castles of Snowdonia. After studying English at Lancaster University and King’s College, London, Juliet worked in a variety of jobs, from running a craft stall at Covent Garden Market to teaching English. Juliet began writing seriously about ten years ago, after a severe viral illness left her with debilitating ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for years. Juliet always says that M.E. was the worst, and the best, thing that ever happened to her. On one hand, it sent her from being able to walk up mountains with ease to struggling to do the simplest of everyday tasks for more than a few minutes at a time. But on the other, it forced her to re-evaluate her life and her priorities. And it made her a writer. She is now well and back to dog walking and working on her beloved garden. As well as novels under her own name, Juliet writes stories and serials for magazines as ‘Heather Pardoe’. When not writing, Juliet works on local oral history projects, helping older people tell their stories before they are lost forever. She also helps aspiring writers towards being published, and is a reader for the RNA ‘New Writer’s Scheme’.
Posts by Juliet Greenwood:
April 26, 2013 I’ve been awarded a Literature Wales Writers’ Bursary
February 11, 2013 Interview with Thorne Moore, author of ‘A Time for Silence’
January 30, 2013 Understanding my Characters
October 31, 2012 I’ve been tagged for The Next Big Thing!
September 14, 2012 A Mansion, Beautiful Gardens, and a Lost World
August 27, 2012 Guest Blog from Carol Hedges, author of YA novel ‘Jigsaw Pieces’
August 22, 2012 A Lovely Award for my Blog!
August 17, 2012 ‘Eden’s Garden’ Races Up The Bestseller Charts!
Follow me on Pinterest
Authorgraph – free personal signatures for all ebooks
- @carolJhedges Of course, m'dear. See you for afternoon tea, and possibly champers later? :-) 23 hours ago
- @carolJhedges Thanks for the retweet. Off to be a lady. :-) 23 hours ago
- @jetblackliving It was wonderful! I'm looking up Paris restaurants! :-) 23 hours ago
- 17 Proper Ways To Treat A 'Literary Lady,' According To 'Miss Leslie's Behaviour Book' huff.to/17Ug8Zs via @HuffPostBooks 23 hours ago
- Tuesday Chit-Chat with Jean Fullerton wp.me/p20j9O-1fK via @TheRomaniacs 1 day ago
Kreativ Blogger Award
Nominated for the Be Inspired Blog Hop!
Romance Review Magazine
Romance Fiction Online
Versatile Blogger Award
Blog with Integrity