About: Juliet Greenwood
- Juliet is the author of 'We That are Left', set in Cornwall, Anglesey and France in the First World War and published by Honno Press on 20th February 2014. 'We That are Left' is The Welsh Books Council's Book of the Month for March, Waterstones Wales Book of the Month for March, and the inaugural Book of the Month for the National Museums of Wales. Juliet's previous novel for Honno, 'Eden's Garden' was Welsh Book of the Month in 2012, a Kindle bestseller in 2012 and 2013 and is now a finalist in The People's Book Prize 2013/14 Juliet lives in a traditional Welsh quarryman’s cottage between Anglesey and the mountains of Snowdonia. She has a large garden that would have been used by original inhabitants to grow vegetables and fruit to supplement their wages. Juliet tries to follow in their footsteps with the aid of a polytunnel and plenty of experimenting with the results. Juliet has been told that her great-grandmother was the cook at a big country house at the beginning of the last century. She has definitely inherited the baking gene – her chocolate-and-orange cake is legendary! As a child, Juliet always had her nose in a book. She wrote her first novel (an epic inspired by Rosemary Sutcliff and set in Saxon times) at the age of ten. After studying English at Lancaster University and King’s College, London, Juliet worked in a variety of jobs, from running her own craft stall at Covent Garden Market to running puppet and storytelling workshops in North Wales. A severe illness over 15 years ago inspired her to pursue her life-long passion and finally fulfill her ambition to become a published author. As well as novels under her own name, Juliet writes serials and short stories for magazines as ‘Heather Pardoe’
Posts by Juliet Greenwood:
August 18, 2014 In a Foreign Country – Ghana in 1976 with a baby and a suitcase
August 12, 2014 Landing Author: Juliet Greenwood on WWI Food
August 3, 2014 August 4th 2014 and 1914
July 25, 2014 A sense of place – thanks to the RNA Conference!
June 25, 2014 A Talk – and a Bestseller!
June 18, 2014 ‘Eden’s Garden’ is a Kindle Daily Deal!
June 12, 2014 The Women of WW1
Authorgraph – free personal signatures for all ebooks
We That Are Left
Find me on Goodreads
Follow me on Pinterest
Tags99pence offer About Juliet Author interviews being interviewed Best Seller Charts Blogging Blog Tours Book signing Book Trailer Characters Eden's Garden Editing First World War 1914-18 Gardens Glynllifon Guest Blog Post Heather Pardoe Historical Fiction Honno Press Inspiration Kindle Literature Wales Writers' Bursary Novelistas Novelistas Ink Places that inspire me Publicity Published Recipes for We That Are Left Saying goodbye to characters Signed Giveaway The Crimson Field The People's Book Prize Autumn 2013 war poets Waterstones Welsh Book of the Month We That Are Left Working with an Editor World War 1 Writing
- Being Anne....: Review and giveaway - WW1 novel We That Are Left by Juliet Greenwood beingannereading.blogspot.com/2014/09/review… 1 week ago
- RT @NorthWalesExtra: The North Wales Daily is out! paper.li/NorthWalesExtr… Stories via @julietgreenwood @DPConwyNews 2 weeks ago
- Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak: the big business of women's shame just got bigger | via @Telegraph fw.to/EsBuTIR 2 weeks ago
- RT @evonnewareham: Evonne on Wednesday: Maggie Finalist evonneonwednesday.blogspot.com/2014/08/maggie… 2 weeks ago
- RT @PatriciaLeslieA: RT @julietgreenwood: Romantic Novelists' Association Blog: The Good, The Bad and The Droopy …novelistsassociationblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-go… 2 weeks ago
Kreativ Blogger Award
Nominated for the Be Inspired Blog Hop!
Romance Review Magazine
Romance Fiction Online
Versatile Blogger Award
Blog with Integrity