Now that’s a way to wake up a girl on a Monday morning! I’ve been tagged by the awesome Allie Wild: http://alliewilde.blogspot.com/. And now I’ve tagged three bloggers in return – just look below my random facts for their wonderfulness. (I’d love to tag lots more, but that might take all day.)
Right, I’ve fixed the coffee to get the brain awake, and down to business: ten random facts about me.
1. I’m almost-a-neighbour to a prince. Good place to start, eh? (Okay, Prince William and Kate live just across the water on the romantic island of Anglesey, but his helicopter flies over my cottage on the way to rescue damsels and other assorted walkers in distress, that’s good enough for me)
2. I have a dog. This is her as a puppy, looking all sweet and innocent. Hmmm ….. (she still strikes a good pose for the camera)
3. I once owned a Romahome (mini campervan) called Emily. Sadly departed this life through age and rust – but still the coolest thing on 4 wheels! Here’s to the memories …
4. My favourite book is still ‘Jane Eyre’. All independent-minded women who are not born rich and gorgeous, but know they are neither the poorer nor the lesser for the fact, unite. Can’t wait to see the new film.
5. I write under two names, which are both my own. I was born Heather Juliet, and since I was two weeks old I’ve been Juliet Heather. So I write novels as Juliet Greenwood, and for magazines as Heather Pardoe. The Pardoe is from my (slightly scary) grandmother.
6. I once stayed overnight at Portmeirion. I’m trying to think of a book to set there so I can stay there again. Magical!
7. I am the proud owner of a polytunnel. Growing salad and grapes.
8. I love Devon and Cornwall.
9. My favourite holiday destination in Europe is Venice.
10. I love coffee. And red wine. And gin. (The sloes are a cover story …)
And so to my tags: Samantha Stacia, the amazing setter-up of the Blooming Late group on She Writes: http://samantha-stacia.blogspot.com/
Gwendolyn Rhodes http://rhodesidemusings.blogspot.com/ Check out the wisest post on aging gracefully.
Margaret James http://www.margaretjames.com/ Supportive writing tutor, and great give of information on all things writing related. And author of the un-put-downable ‘The Silver Locket’. I’m still attempting to catch up with sleep!
Go on, ladies! Tag. You’re it.
May you have just as much fun (and procrastination) as I did.