Oh, okay: I’m cheating a bit. actually it’s the same award twice. Yipee! Even better.
So a very belated thank you to Lady Gwen, who blogs about writing and running and makes both as fascinating as each other, and to Linda Gray of the brilliant and insightful Critique Sisters, both of whom nominated me for this award. Thank you, ladies. You are totally awesome!
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are:
Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to them.
Share seven things about yourself.
Pass the award along to other, recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.
(Click on the names for links to each of the Blogs)
Thank you LADY GWEN!
These are my 7 things about me:
- My mum once ended up in the arms of Led Zepplin’s Robert Plant. (Aha, that got you going, eh? :))
- To explain: from the age of 8 to 15 I went to an alternative education school, a Rudolf Steiner School. I didn’t know who Robert Plant was, and neither did my mum. He was just another parent. (Well, apart from the gasp of pure envy from every woman in the school hall when my mum tripped on the way to her seat).
- I’m a Reader for the Romantic Novelist’s Association’s New Writers Scheme, which helps aspiring writers towards publication. That’s how I ever became a published author. It’s one totally wonderful scheme! Thank you, ladies.
- I love gardening.
- This is my veg box, straight from the farm where they’re harvested just before you collect them, and which I have every week from June to January. (February, I only eat chips , there’s only so much health a girl can take :))
- My favourite spring flowers are primroses
- I make a mean chocolate cake, though I say it myself.
And these are my nominees:
MCatherine for her lovely blog on morphing into an author.
Catherine Miller for her insightful blog about turning writing into more than a hobby,
Jan Jones for her great blog about being a working writer, from her ‘Penny Plain’ serials, to highwaymen and Regency days.
Amy Summers for her lovely blog on writing and reviews – and being honest on just how hard writing is!
Jo Barlow for her touching blog about life with ex-battery chickens now living the good life. Lovely chicken pics, too.
And thank you LINDA GRAY!
These are my 7 facts about me:
- I’m a lifelong vegetarian. Which meant I spend my childhood being weird. But hey, I’m cool now! (which somehow doesn’t feel right) 🙂
- My ancestors were nailmakers in Lye Waste, near Careless Green at the heart of the Black Country, cradle of the Industrial Revolution. I like to think that some of them were chain makers – because then they might have made the chain for the ‘Titanic’. I’m still looking …
- I have two grape vines. (okay, they are both tiny and no grapes yet! But one is a cutting from the Hampton Court vine.)
- I’m addicted to coffee (trying to get onto herbal tea)
- I love taking photos. (You might have guessed that one)
- My favourite summer flowers are sweet peas.
- Thanks to my friend Salena (awesome vegan cook) I can now also make a pretty mean vegan chocolate cake. Yum! (still not as good as my teacher, though. No competition!)
And my nominees are:
Salena Walker For her awesome blog on sustainable living and totally delicious vegan cookery. A revelation.
Alison May for her intelligent and informative blog on all things writing (plus one or two others, besides)
Judith Kinghorn for her beautiful blog about writing, and her book ‘The Last Summer’. And for being a fellow writer in taking nearly half a century to do what we were born to do!
Phillipa Ashley for a great blog about books, writing and research, from high heels to campervans ….
Lucinda Rose for a great blog and following her dreams, and ….. watch this space! 🙂